Freelance PR Creative Director and Web Designer based in the UK
Top performing PR & digital communications consultant with strong proficiency in business, sales & marketing who maintains a proven track record of continued success, as well as realising concurrent professional growth.
- Known for creating innovative marketing and PR campaigns designed to entice new customers, retain existing relationships and promote company brands.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to nurture and cultivate strategic relationships necessary for on-going business development. Ability to leverage existing networks to drive cohesive business objectives and meet KPIs.
- A motivational leader with the capacity to overcome challenges, exploit opportunities and encourage a positive working environment; has an innate ability to influence others and produce dynamic and long lasting results.
- Self-motivation, education, diverse experience and loyal dedication have helped create a powerhouse of problem-solving skills, expertise in maximising productivity and other resources.
- HTML and WordPress web designer with proven experience since 2005.
2010 - Present
PR, Web Designer and Digital Communications Consultant
Clients: think-inc, Pathways for All People, Fruitcake Films, RJVN8, Sean Smith, Toshiba Europe, Optimax, Sun Online, Global Analytics Holdings Inc, Mustard Communications, Digital Entertainment Group Europe, Revenge Ink Publishing, Progressio, Dr Michael Bott – Consultant Psychiatrist, Paul Atkinson – hypnotherapist and EMDR Consultant, Alex Reid
- Oversee a diverse portfolio of clients in multiple sectors including ICT, finance, publishing and entertainment to increase brand awareness online and offline
- Pan-European Media Consultant for Toshiba Europe, assisting in product launches, media relations, event organisation and European agency co-ordination
- Creative consultant for PR agencies including Taylor Herring, Bottle PR and Mustard Communications, providing digital and creative oversight
2009 - 2010
Creative & Digital Director
Clients: Peugeot, British Army, Standard Chartered Bank, RBS, ASDA, Manchester Arndale, Reckitt Benckiser
- Built business opportunities by introducing digital PR strategies and secured key accounts for on-going development
- Liaised with account teams to source new accounts, discuss best practices to approach and converted leads into customers through informative online and offline PR campaigns
- Trained staff and clients on the benefits and future of digital development and mentored junior staff members to instil a digital mentality within the company
- Coordinated and managed Peugeot’s marketing campaign designed to increase coverage and attract new customers through social media: ranked 7th most viewed YouTube channel worldwide and gaining 12 million YouTube video views
- Carried out the digital PR campaign to publicise the British Army’s recruitment campaign ‘Start Thinking Soldier’, generating 136 pieces of online coverage
2007 - 2009
- As Associate Director in Cohn & Wolfe’s Digital and Technology division, I also headed up their online PR specialism. To help it along, I came up with and marketed a sub-brand “Wolf Bytes”
- The role developed to involve both looking after C&W’s online clients as well as contributing the digital strategy to clients across all C&W divisions
2005 - 2007
Freelance PR Consultant
Clients: Japan Films, Sony Ericsson, The Photo Imaging Council, Mustard Communications, Brita Water Filters, TK Maxx, Beattie Communications, Marks & Spencer, Specsavers, Wilkinson Sword
- Assisted in devising Sony Ericsson’s activity plans in 2009 for Walkman and Cybershot categories to assess past PR / marketing initiatives, review feedback and implement changes to future campaigns;
- Communicated with clients to understand campaign requirements, assess their target markets, researching overcome competition
- Provided consultation to clients on digital strategies and their advantages; created email, social media and PR campaigns to increase brand awareness and generate revenues
- As co-founder of the Village I developed the agency’s creative function, events and marketing; designing the company website and credentials. I wrote all consumer new business proposals and came up with consumer ideas to develop existing tech and corporate client business.
- Account work included co-devising the strategy and carrying out the evaluation for the Mini launch campaign and trade PR for new media agency Tribal DDB on campaigns including Volkswagen and the Guardian.
- Media relations campaigns included European broadcast coverage of the Iraqi conflict for TIME Magazine, FHM’s High Street Honeys (PRWeek finalist), and the Bridget Jones Diary SMS service (PRWeek finalist, reaching 53 million).
Kellogg’s | Motorola | BT | Spotcast Communications | Sonera Zed | NatWest | Walkers Snack Foods | British Army & Army Cadet Force | National Drugs Helpline | Chupa Chups | DTI | NMEC | Trebor Bassett Ltd | Raymond Weil | Guinness World of Records | CIC Video | Valpak | Photo Imaging Council | Blueback
I'm interested in graphic and illustrative design and love building websites, filming, interviewing, producing and editing. I'm a technology addict who also loves travelling and taking photographs with my faithful Leica and Fujifilm X-T5.
Pictures taken in Auschwitz are also promoted by the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. Some pictures have been published in 'A Guide to Great Photography' by Peter Bargh, one has appeared in a book about the Bloomsbury group, and another on the cover of 'A Little Piece for Mother', a Holocaust-themed novel by Barbara Towell. I have also taken behind the scenes pictures for a Sean Smith music video, with one of my pictures now used on a CD sleeve.
I am founder member of the Atlantic Council of the United Kingdom, WordPress Mentor for those starting out in website design, and photography mentor for users of the Ricoh GR III camera.
Awards and Distinctions
PR Week Award Finalist: The Bridget Jones Diary SMS and FHM’s High Street Honeys Campaigns.
PR Week Best Promotional Campaign.
Food Marketing Bronze Award, Marketing Magazine.